Quick Base Acceptable Use Policy
Last Updated October 31, 2017
By using the Quick Base Service, you agree to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”). This Policy describes prohibited uses of the Quick Base Service and the website located at www.QuickBase.com (the “Quick Base Site”). The examples described in this Policy are not exhaustive. We may modify this Policy at any time by posting a revised version at Quick Base Acceptable Use Policy. It is your responsibility to check the Quick Base Site from time to time for updates to this Policy. By using the Quick Base Service or accessing the Quick Base Site, you agree to the latest version of this Policy. If you violate the Policy or authorize or help others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Quick Base Service and the Quick Base Site.
All terms used herein shall have the meaning accorded to such terms in the Quick Base Terms of Service or your separate written agreement with Quick Base unless otherwise defined herein.
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or Content
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Quick Base Service or Quick Base Site for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content or software applications (collectively “Content”) that is illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive. Prohibited activities and prohibitive Content include:
- Illegal, Harmful or Fraudulent Activities. Any activities or Content that are illegal, that violate the rights of others, or that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation, including disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography, offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions, make-money-fast schemes, ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming, or any activities or Content which promote, encourage or advocates any of the foregoing or would be likely to result in civil liability.
- Infringing Content. Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- Offensive Content. Content that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, abusive, libelous, malicious, abusive, tortious, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes child pornography, relates to bestiality, or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
- Harmful Content. Content or other computer technology, scripts, agents or programs that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including spyware, malware, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, security vulnerabilities, cancelbots or disabling devices or other harmful component intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or person.
- Privacy. Content that violates the privacy, publicity, or other rights of third parties or any other law, statute, ordinance or regulation; or which violates applicable privacy policies or collects information from users in any manner to which such users have not consented.
- Protected Data. Content that includes credit card or payment card data or for which disclosure is prohibited under any law, agreement or fiduciary relationship, including but not limited to, proprietary or confidential information of others.
- Misleading Content. Content that is misleading or misrepresents your identity.
No Security Violations
You may not use the Quick Base Service to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a “System”). Prohibited activities include:
- Unauthorized Access. Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
- Falsification of Origin. Forging TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. The legitimate use of aliases and anonymous remailers is not prohibited by this provision.
No Network Abuse
You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them. Prohibited activities include:
- Monitoring or Crawling. Monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs or disrupts the System being monitored or crawled.
- Denial of Service (DoS). Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective.
- Intentional Interference. Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques.
- Avoiding System Restrictions. Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations placed on a System, such as access and storage restrictions.
- No Benchmark Testing. Access or use for purposes of monitoring availability, performance or functionality, for any benchmarking purposes, or for any competitive purposes.
No E-Mail or Other Message Abuse
You will not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate the sending of unsolicited, duplicative, mass e-mail or other messages, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (like “spam”), including commercial advertising and informational announcements or in violation of applicable laws such as the CAN-SPAM Act. You will not alter or obscure mail headers or assume a sender’s identity without the sender’s explicit permission. You will not collect replies to messages sent from another internet service provider if those messages violate this Policy or the acceptable use policy of that provider. You will not email to an address obtained via Internet harvesting methods or any surreptitious methods (e.g., scraping or harvesting) or email to an address that is incomplete, inaccurate and/or not updated for all applicable opt-out notifications.
Our Monitoring and Enforcement
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of the Quick Base Service or Quick Base Site. We may:
- investigate violations of this Policy or misuse of the Quick Base Service or Quick Base Site; or
- remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that violates this Policy or any other agreement we have with you for use of the Quick Base Service or Quick Base Site.
We may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
Reporting of Violations of this Policy
You are responsible for taking prompt corrective action(s) to remedy a violation of this Policy and to help prevent similar future violations. If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation. To report any violation of this Policy, please contact email@example.com.
©QuickBase Inc. All rights reserved. October 2017.